Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Manifesto With God (Happy 2nd Anniversary!)

Yes. Today marks the second year of my single-blessedness. (Click here to read the first part.)

June 26, 2010, the day when I decided to join the #manifesto movement (founded by ptr. @rudelatorre). It’s a one-year commitment to God of no boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, and that includes dating and courtship. I thought it was just as simple as placing my signature in the contract paper. But. It was far beyond what I expected it to be. Resisting temptation was not my specialty, and my decisions in life were always based to what my heart has got to say.

I remember during the first few months, I was still seeing the guy I liked. He was so handsome, like almost every girls are chasing him. He really is. So much for that, I let go of him. We stopped seeing each other. The almost-there thingy never came with a sequel. Did it hurt? Yes. But that did not stop me from loving God. From that downfall, I became more closer to God and tried hard to fulfill my broken promise. And just before my first year contract was about to end, I decided to extend it to yet another year. This time, my relationship with God grew deeper and stronger.

Indeed, committing myself to God has transformed me into a totally brand new person. Id like to believe that the old me was gone the day I met God and knew how much He loves me. He has changed me from the inside out. I couldn’t be more happier than that. God completes me :)

So to all young ladies, seek God first. And yes, all those good things will be given unto you - and that includes your lifetime partner (Matthew 6:33).

No comments: