Monday, November 5, 2012

Extra Private



I went extra private.

I deleted my facebook account for 3 reasons. One, it's not helping me in any way. Two, what I usually see is not pleasing in my eyes and in the eyes of God. Three, competition with one another is becoming too obvious.

Maybe yes, freedom of expression is one of the best things of democracy. I too love to express myself through writing... It has been a part of me. Although I don't always write and post. Sometimes I write in tissue paper, then never get to save it. That's me... But through the years, social network has gradually become our freedom wall, that instead of just expressing ourselves, we longed for an extra attention from our reader/follower/viewer. We fish for gossips. I was too bothered that I am actually becoming that kind.

What about my good old friends? Well I never really used facebook to get in touch with friends. I use emails, skype, viber, voxer, etc. 


It's the same reason why I opt not to follow anyone in instagram. Browsing someone else's photos shouldn't be my hobby. We all have certain level of insecurities. So why would I give myself a reason to become insecure? I used it though to edit photos. Okay. This is me. :)

No comments: