"Find a work you love, and you never have to work at all."
This was me in Manila. Before this, let me share a brief story of what has been like a week ago.
I worked 12 hours a day, uncompensated. But that was not the issue. Before I accepted the job, I asked the supervisor if I can have Thurs-Sunday as my off days since the minimum hours required for volunteer nurses is just 36 hours per week. So that meant three days (Mon-Wed) on duty in a given week. They agreed and so I took their offer. But after a week, I was surprised when I saw my new schedule posted on the bulletin board. And you may guess, it’s different from what I have just requested and agreed upon.
The problem is not with my employer, it’s about me not having the prerogative to choose my off. It’s about me having the kind of spirit that I feel I deserve to be treated justly. I am working for free, and yet my appeals are being neglected. I know that life is unfair. But I do also know that God has something better than what I left behind. I can do better than taking vital signs every 4 hours.Why settle for anything less?
After two weeks of being employed in that institution (well, I don’t even think it’s close to employment), I submit my resignation letter at the HR Department. Without a word, they allowed me to go.
Mom talked to me after that incident. She warned me about my inclination of always resigning. Believe it or not, I’m aware of that. Months ago, when I was still working in an English Academy, I asked my boss for a one-day leave because it was my oath taking day, but he didn’t allow me even after I begged. The following day, I handed him my resignation letter.
Well, I’m not proud of it actually. I know I am leaving a negative impression to my employers. That took a lot of courage to leave something like that. But that's faith. Trusting God that He has something better for me was risky, yet I know it'll be all worth everything.
Kaya nga sobrang natamaan ako sa title ng post ko. So currently, I’m looking for a good job. I went to Manila last Friday and hopefully within this year, we’ll be able to work there. I know it would take long kaya nga pinila ko na resume ko. There’s this place in Manila where my heart felt it belongs there. Nah. It’s a peaceful place - far from the busy streets. But while waiting to be moved there, I’ll be working in a hospital near our place. Idk.
I just BELIEVE God's promises and TRUST His plans for me...
This was me in Manila. Before this, let me share a brief story of what has been like a week ago.I worked 12 hours a day, uncompensated. But that was not the issue. Before I accepted the job, I asked the supervisor if I can have Thurs-Sunday as my off days since the minimum hours required for volunteer nurses is just 36 hours per week. So that meant three days (Mon-Wed) on duty in a given week. They agreed and so I took their offer. But after a week, I was surprised when I saw my new schedule posted on the bulletin board. And you may guess, it’s different from what I have just requested and agreed upon.
The problem is not with my employer, it’s about me not having the prerogative to choose my off. It’s about me having the kind of spirit that I feel I deserve to be treated justly. I am working for free, and yet my appeals are being neglected. I know that life is unfair. But I do also know that God has something better than what I left behind. I can do better than taking vital signs every 4 hours.
After two weeks of being employed in that institution (well, I don’t even think it’s close to employment), I submit my resignation letter at the HR Department. Without a word, they allowed me to go.
Mom talked to me after that incident. She warned me about my inclination of always resigning. Believe it or not, I’m aware of that. Months ago, when I was still working in an English Academy, I asked my boss for a one-day leave because it was my oath taking day, but he didn’t allow me even after I begged. The following day, I handed him my resignation letter.
Well, I’m not proud of it actually. I know I am leaving a negative impression to my employers. That took a lot of courage to leave something like that. But that's faith. Trusting God that He has something better for me was risky, yet I know it'll be all worth everything.
Kaya nga sobrang natamaan ako sa title ng post ko. So currently, I’m looking for a good job. I went to Manila last Friday and hopefully within this year, we’ll be able to work there. I know it would take long kaya nga pinila ko na resume ko. There’s this place in Manila where my heart felt it belongs there. Nah. It’s a peaceful place - far from the busy streets. But while waiting to be moved there, I’ll be working in a hospital near our place. Idk.
I just BELIEVE God's promises and TRUST His plans for me...
No comments:
Post a Comment