Sunday, July 31, 2011

M I R A C L E (=

Where will I start? And how will I begin? Okay. Let's start off with the title of this post - MIRACLE. I couldn't think of any superlative word that would best describe this breakthrough.

July 24, 2011
Last Sunday, July 24, we had a special Sunday celebration at His Life City Church. It was a healing service, and indeed a step of faith. I held fast to God’s word. I didn’t know what miracle awaits me then, but my hopes just went radically up. I just knew inside that God is about to do something great! I have to admit, I’ve never seen myself with such great faith as before. There wasn’t even small room of doubt.

Matthew 9:29 Then he (Jesus) touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"

[INSERT]
There is power in declaration:

25th

I'M GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME =)
I know Lord. Not even one word of your promises has failed. Glory to you!

-this was my post last July 12. 25th, this is the street number of Asiana airline’s agency. It was my dream airline. But God also knows that I don’t want to leave the country. I passed my documents at their office a month ago and was advised to wait for their email by September.

Meanwhile, I had to look for a job. I had been jobless for almost a year now. I would try domestic airlines, I thought to myself. Although according to what I have read from FA forums, it’s quite harder to get hired in domestics than international airlines. A leap of faith.

It was on the same date (sunny July 12) of this 25th post when I received this Word from God:
1 Kings 8:35-38 35 “When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain because your people (I) have sinned against you, and when they (I) pray toward this place and give praise to your name and turn from their (my) sin because you have afflicted them, 36 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your servants (Your servant, Sey), your people Israel. Teach them (me) the right way to live, and send rain on the land you gave your people for an inheritance.”

[/INSERT]


July 25, 2011

The day after the Sunday service, my girlfriends (*Carlene and *Serena) and I went off to Manila. But soon after we passed our resume, we received a rejection. But among the three of us, I was the one with full of hope and faith despite the early unexpected rejection. I kept on reminding myself of Matthew 9:29. I even helped them to pass their resumes at Air Philippines, the airline where I first passed an application letter. *Danica got a call from 2P two weeks ago. I didn’t get the golden call though we passed our resumes on the same day. For a moment, it upset me. But I was still hopeful that I even pushed Carlene and Serena to pass their resumes. Same thing, they only handed their resume to the security personnel and were told to wait for their call.

After 2P, our next destination is at 25th street. Again, I only helped them there since I already had my initial screening last month with *Jade. I pretended to be an applicant as well so I could take a seat. Lol. While waiting for them, my phone rang. It was a call from Air Philippines asking me to have my initial screening the following day! Whoah. You see? It was July 25 and I was on the 25th street when I got the golden call. Truly, I made it! Words are powerful.

So I had to go back to Pampanga shortly after the talk. I had few hours to sleep and prepare.


July 26, 2011 (Tuesday) - Impact Interview

It was Tuesday morning when typhoon Juaning hit Luzon. When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain. . . send rain on the land you gave your people for an inheritance. HIGH HEELS + CORPO ATTIRE + HEAVY RAIN + BUSY CITY OF MANILA = Well, I couldn’t get mad of Juaning. It was the fulfilment of God’s word for me.

I arrived at Airphil office 10 minutes after 9 AM. We were 25 applicants in the room. Gosh. They were all pretty. But I had God with me, so no worries. I kept on praying. After assessing our height and weight, we were called one by one for the impact interview. I was 10th on the list. The interview lasts for 10-15 minutes. And after a minute or two, they would call your name again and hand you a note, either a congratulatory or a regret one. The first 3 girls had a regret note. I saw them half teary eyed. The fourth girl was the first to receive a congratulatory note. She was so elated, and shared the same joy with the 5th interviewee. But the next girls all failed the impact interview. 2/9 passed. Whew.

MY TURN. There were two panels and I was standing in front of them. They asked me few questions, mostly about the career. But there were list of questions completely unrelated. Lol. I answered them with boldness and confidence while maintaining my charm. I was praying inside of me while I was standing. They checked on my skin. After a 10 minutes or less, they said thanks and I was asked to wait for the result outside.

When Mr. Jojo called my name again to hand me the note, I was so thrilled that I opened it immediately. It read: We would like to inform you that you passed the impact interview. Please wait for our call for the schedule of your final interview. . . I PASSED!!!

I know it won’t end there. I went home after that. I praised God and worshipped Him. I know that He was the one who led me there. It was Him. GRACE. God never fails to reveal a promise to me. That night during my devotion, I came across Leviticus chapter 26.

Leviticus 26: 4-5 4 I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit. 5 Your threshing (initial interview) will continue until grape harvest (final interview) and the grape harvest (final interview) will continue until planting (training), and you will eat all the food you want (travel in all places you want) and live in safety (and fly safely) in your land.

THIS. I was stirred up by His Word. How could it be so exact?

The following day, the HR called me and was advised to come the next day for the final interview/executive interview. Carlene and Serena had their impact interview on the 27th. They too passed! That same night, they were also called and advised to come the next day.


July 28, 2011 (Thursday)– Executive Interview

All in all, we were 15 applicants who passed the impact interview: Five girls from our batch (Tuesday) and ten girls from Carlene’s and Serena’s batch (Wednesday). We were so happy to find out that from 50 applicants, it was us who were chosen for the final interview.

The setup was similar with that of the impact interview, a panel-like one. Good thing, we were trained well in our university how to present ourselves during oral defences. But I know it would be totally different when applying for a cabin crew position. Wit doesn’t count that much. It’s all about the glamour and confidence. Seesh.

We were called again one by one. This time facing three executives, the big bosses of the airline. But this didn’t shaken me. From threshing to grape harvest. From initial interview to final interview. I repeatedly utter this on my mind. God is with me.

Praise God the three of us were called before lunch break, or we couldn’t eat at all. They asked me questions far related from this career. They were more of personal. But I answered them with grace. I was favoured enough that they didn’t ask me to sing or dance. God knows my weakness. Lol. Because all the other girls after me were asked to sing, dance, and even act. They got to be really bored. The interview lasted for 15 minutes.

Unlike the impact interview, we would know the result right after our turn. But this time, we had to wait all the 15 applicants to finish. While waiting, I shared the Word to Serena. She is an INC member. After reading all the promises that I have from God, she was so amazed by how God is speaking to me through His Word. I encouraged her to do the same – talk to God and read His Word. Though she is an active member of their church, she never opened the bible. Well, at least she has one. Sharing her that didn’t only increase her faith, but it also reminded me once again that God is true to His Word.

After we all had finished, the manager went out of the room to see us all. He gave us his final words and appreciation. Then we were escorted inside the room where *Sir Richard was. He had the result in hand. We were all excited and nervous. He started calling names, and we don’t know if those names that were being called were the ones who passed or failed. He called four names, and my name was not included. He took them outside the room. And when Sir Richard came back, the four girls were no longer there. I guess he sent them home. He called our names again and congratulated us for making it!

There were two more exams, and we’re already for training on August 8. GOD IS FAITHFUL. Really I’m still in awe of how God moved in this application process. It was tough, it was difficult, but nothing. . . I say NOTHING is impossible with Him.

All glory to God!

No comments: