Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ON MY OWN

I was on my journey looking for a place on earth. . . Thinking that I should do what I want, or giving myself at least a taste of what they call ‘freedom’, I ran away.

“Where are you going?”

“It won’t be long. I’ll come back.”

“I’ll be with you.”

“No, thanks. I’ll be fine.”

That was it. I stepped out and was enjoying every minute of my trip. No one’s correcting me, no disciplinary action, I was totally free! Stunned by the pleasure I get with my freedom, I didn’t notice how far I’ve gone.

Lost in the middle of nowhere, I stopped and thought of another route. Another way out. I didn't realize how stubborn I was, how much pride was eating my senses. I’ve passed many traps and dangers along the road, yet I didn’t ask for anybody’s help because I was confident I could handle it on my own, or was too scared to hear the I-told-you lines right in front my face. So I trusted my ways. And guess what? I was wrong. I was totally wrong.

I asked myself, what do I really want? What do I lack? Where do I want to go? Who do I really need? Left with nothing else to do, I found myself on my knees, immersed in tears, crying like a little one...

“Just come back to Me.”

I did. And I was once again, restored.

It’s the worst feeling ever - GETTING LOST. And I swore to myself, I’ll never do it again. I’ll never let anyone or anything draw me away from this delightful enslavement God has placed me. Guided by God's love, I know, I won't get lost again.

No comments: