Tuesday, December 28, 2010

year of extreme fruitfulness and a season of pruning

You have redeemed me and have called me yours. You said You will be with me (Isaiah 43:1). However, You have to prune every branch that bears fruit so they will become more fruitful (John 15:1-2). In the same way, You have to cut whatever You find in me that will bring me no good. As for me, they don’t cause me harm. So I didn’t understand why You ever have to allow these painful things to happen to Your precious child. But You have Your own plans (Jeremiah 29:11). I cannot contend on that. Your thoughts are higher than mine (Isaiah 55:9). Your plans are perfect. I have to give way so You can shield my way and make it perfect as well. It shall be You who will renew my strength (Psalm 18:30-32). You comforted me by assuring that one day I will understand everything clearly (Jeremiah 23:20), and that is more than enough.

The cost of being Your servant is way beyond than what I thought. Your every word pierces my deepest soul. One full step of submission and a thousand hops of giving up are just prerequisites. I held onto these things for so long until I got struck again when You asked me how much I love You (John 21:15). I had to remind myself that all those were never mine in the first place. You never asked me to give up all these things, but I know I have to if I want more of You, if I want to follow You (Luke 14:33). I just did but still, I cannot brag about my love for You, because You first love me.

Honestly, I was so broken when I surrendered everything to You, but I realized that when I gave You my heart, it is no longer broken for You are the creator of all things, so You know well how to fix a broken heart. And this battle is no longer mine but yours the moment I knelt down (Deuteronomy 20:4). I also believe that these tests are testimony in the making, and You will be greatly glorified (Romans 9:17). So now, I delight in Your presence. I find strength in You alone. I will rejoice in these trials (Psalm 105:3-4).

This coming year I’m getting ready for the possessions I’m about to receive (Joshua 1:11). You will bless me with best gifts and everlasting ones (Deuteronomy 33:13-16). You will answer me when I am in distress, You will give me the desire of my heart, and You will grant all my requests (Psalm 20). But I have to be careful not to boast these things (Ephesians 6:14). All glory to You. If I follow my own will, I will end up losing everything. I should learn to trust You completely, and not let my heart be troubled (John 14:1). I will take care of Your business, and You will take care of mine. Now that I know these things, I will be blessed if I follow all Your instructions (John 13:17).

Thank You. You have blessed me and have watched over my journey. You have been with me and I have not lacked anything (Deuteronomy 2:7). This 2010, Your LOVE restored me. Your love changed me and rubbed out the old me (2 Corinthians 5:17). For six joyous months, I was chained by Your grace. Your love never failed me. I won’t be surprised if You remain faithful and gracious to me this 2011. Joy will overflow my cup (John 15:9-11). I believe, I expect, and I received.

No comments: